Heart Morass Wetlands Rehabilitation : Community Day, Sunday, 29th August 2010.
Watermark in conjunction with its Heart Morass Wetlands Project partners is hosting a Community Day on Sunday,29th August 2010.
The regional community and all interested persons are being invited to “discover the Heart Morass.”
“Be part of it from the beginning.
Explore the site where ancient river gums will regenerate, valuable wetland systems will re-establish and an array of wildlife will return to feed and breed.
Experience this 3000 acre wetland property on the banks of the
Now owned by the WET Trust, the property is the focus of a major community-based ecological restoration project and is being opened to the public for the first time in 50 years.
Restoration of the property to a healthy, functioning and diverse wetland will
improve connectivity between Sale Common, the
10am – 2pm Sunday 29th August 2010
Fun activities for all to enjoy
- Eco treasure hunt for children
- Plant a tree to help bring this wetland back to life
- Explore the world of insects with Entomologist Dr Ken Walker
- Photography and other artistic endeavours
- “Snakes Alive” presentation
- Make use of the 8km riverside track for bike riding”